Body confidence isn't always easy. Our bodies change over time, which can cause some disruption to our image. Also, we aren't all born with ideal proportions and yet we would like to have them. If you aren't completely satisfied with the role your chest area plays in your overall appearance, the right breast surgery may achieve dramatic results for you.
Dr. Jessica Belz is a board-certified plastic surgeon committed to helping her patients achieve their personal aesthetic goals. Known as a reputable San Antonio plastic surgeon, she works with patients to enhance their self-confidence in the safest manner possible. To discover what individualized care can do for your appearance, your confidence, and your outlook on life, contact us today at (210)497-7100!
- Breast Augmentation. Breast enlargement surgery has evolved to become a completely personalized experience. Dr. Belz can help you discover the best size and shape for your body frame and your lifestyle.
- Breast Lift. The effects of time, life, and age affect every part of the body. Breasts that are no longer well-supported by muscle and skin may deflate and droop. The breast lift restores perkiness with little downtime.
- Breast Reduction. Enlarged breasts can present very specific problems that affect your physical and emotional well-being. Breast reduction seeks to align breast size with body frame for greater comfort.
- Male Breast Reduction. Male breasts. These words do not go together. Fortunately, there are remedies for this condition, called gynecomastia. With proper care, the male chest can be sculpted back to its masculine form.
- Breast Revision. Having breast augmentation or another procedure doesn't always mean you get the best results. Problems like capsular contracture may affect appearance, requiring a revision procedure for optimal correction.
What is Breast Surgery?
Breast surgery is the umbrella term under which a wide variety of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures fall. Dr. Belz has extensive training in plastic surgery techniques that achieve beautiful, natural-looking results for patients seeking to optimize the appearance of their breasts. Whether through reduction, enlargement, or a lift that uses what nature gave you, Dr. Belz can help you feel amazing in your own skin. Breast procedures are performed on an outpatient basis using general anesthesia. In most cases, it is possible to return to work and light activity within a week.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Breast Surgery
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts, you have one foot in the "ideal candidate" category already. When you consult with Dr. Belz about breast surgery, she will conduct a thorough consultation and will review your medical history with you to make sure you can safely undergo surgery. Your consultation will also include talking points that enable you to understand exactly what to expect, including the doctor's expected outcome. In addition to being in good general health and having realistic expectations regarding your surgical experience, you may need to curtail certain lifestyle habits to achieve the best results from your breast procedure. Primarily, it is necessary to avoid smoking and tobacco use for at least several weeks prior to surgery.
Which Breast Procedure is Right for Me?
The advantage of consulting with an experienced plastic surgeon about any concern is that you don't have to decide which procedure is right for you before your appointment. The right procedure is unveiled by our comprehensive consultation and physical examination. Often, patients think they may want breast augmentation when what they really need is a breast lift. Sometimes, to get the most rewarding results, a combination of breast procedures is needed. This is to say that, while you may have a good idea of the procedure that may be ideal, your most telling information is the result you wish to acheive. In this way, we work backward. We look at your desired outcome, then look at your breasts, and, from there, determine how to get from point A to point B.
Can You Combine Breast Surgery Procedures?
You can combine breast procedures, yes! This is as true for men wanting to correct gynecomastia as it is for women wanting to perfect the size and shape of their breasts. To combine procedures means to undergo more than one technique (usually, two do the trick) in a single surgical event. Combining breast procedures achieves more dramatic reshaping without incurring significantly more downtime.