Women who are unhappy with breast augmentation procedures due to poor placement, small breast size, or complications such as capsular contracture may need to speak with a plastic surgeon about breast revision surgery. Breast revision is performed by Dr. Jessica Belz of San Antonio, TX and may be considered for some patients who have had the breast augmentation procedure performed in the past.
Why might I choose breast revision?
Below are some of the more common reasons a woman might consider breast revision surgery:
- Capsular contracture. A complication that can arise from the placement of breast implants is capsular contracture. This is the buildup of scar tissue after the surgery that can result in the need for breast revision as well as the loosening of the scar tissue through a capsulotomy or capsulectomy.
- Changes in breasts. Over time, the breasts may change with age, weight fluctuations, pregnancy, and breastfeeding and may need breast revision surgery to restore.
- Changes in types of implants. Some patient may want to switch from a saline implant to a silicone implant due to a desire for a more natural feel to the breasts or rippling problems.
- Cosmetic changes. Some women who have had breast augmentation may be dissatisfied with the results, either in the size chosen or poor placement of the implant. This may require the patient to have their current implants removed and replaced.
- Problems with implant changes. Conditions such as symmastia, bottoming out, or double-bubble are a result of the placement of breast implants and may need to be corrected with breast revision surgery with Dr. Jessica Belz.
Am I a candidate for breast revision surgery?
Women dealing with any of the above concerns may be considered for breast revision surgery with our team. The best way to make a decision is to consult with our plastic surgeon to see if you are a good candidate.
Are you interested in breast revision surgery?
Connect with Dr. Jessica Belz and her team in San Antonio, TX is the first step in discussing the advantages of breast revision surgery. If you are ready to learn more, contact the office by calling (210) 497-7100 to request a consultation appointment at 207 West Sunset Road.