When women are unhappy with their large breasts, they may want to take the time to learn about a procedure called a breast reduction. Dr. Jessica Belz of San Antonio, TX is pleased to provide patients with a variety of breast augmentation procedures that can be used to change the shape, size, and appearance of the breasts. Her practice finds that many patients will benefit from breast reduction.
What is breast reduction?
Breast reduction is a surgical procedure used to remove breast fat to reduce the overall size and shape of the breast. This may be done for a variety of personal reasons. This surgery is performed with Dr. Jessica Belz who has years of experience in providing breast augmentation services in her state-of-the-art practice.
Why might a patient want a breast reduction?
This procedure is often done for patients who:
• Want to have their breasts be more proportioned with the rest of their body
• Have medical issues that are being caused by the breasts (back and neck pain)
• Want to lead a more active lifestyle but are unable to due to the size of their breasts
• Want to have implants and/or breast tissue removed for reduction
Factors to consider before having breast reduction surgery
During the initial consultation appointment with Dr. Jessica Belz, patients will be thoroughly evaluated to determine if they are appropriate candidates. There are several things patients need to think about before moving forward with a procedure such as this.
• Patients should be fully developed before undergoing breast reduction
• Patients who are or may be breastfeeding in the future may be limited on their abilities after breast reduction surgery
• Patients should ask their medical insurance company if they qualify for coverage of their procedure as the reason for the procedure is often medically-related
• Patients with nipple and breast piercings may be at a higher risk of infections
Interested in learning more about breast reduction procedures?
Contact Dr. Jessica Belz today by calling (210)497-7100 and visiting the office at 207 W Sunset Rd, San Antonio, TX 78209. She provides consultation appointments during which patients can ask questions about surgical procedures and determine if they are appropriate candidates for treatment in her facility.