After having the tummy tuck procedure performed, it is vital that you follow Dr. Jessica Belz’s aftercare instructions. These post-surgical recommendations from our San Antonio, TX, area plastic surgeon can significantly reduce the risk of certain complications that may occur after these types of plastic surgeries.
Below are a few of the recommendations she may have regarding care and attention to the body and surgical incisions after treatment:
- Wear a compression garment: This type of support clothing helps to minimize swelling and bruising by applying pressure to the surgical area. It also provides comfort and support as you heal. Dr. Jessica Belz will let you know how long you need to wear the garment for optimal results.
- Avoid strenuous activity: For the first couple of weeks following your surgery, it is important to avoid any type of strenuous activity or exercise. This includes activities such as jogging, lifting weights, or aerobics. Walking is fine, but be sure to listen to your body and take it easy during this time.
- Sleep on your back: When sleeping, it is best to sleep on your back with pillows propped under your knees. This position will help to take the pressure off of your incisions and allow them to heal properly.
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking six to eight glasses of water per day will help to keep you hydrated and promote healing.
- Eat healthy foods: Eating a diet balanced with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean protein will help your body to heal properly after surgery. Avoiding processed foods, sugary drinks, and excessive salt will also help to reduce swelling.
Request a consultation visit with Dr. Jessica Belz of San Antonio, TX, to learn more
By following the above post-surgical instructions, you can help to ensure that your tummy tuck heals properly and that you experience minimal complications. If you have any questions or concerns about your aftercare, be sure to speak with Dr. Jessica Belz and her team. Call 210-497-7100 to schedule an initial evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate for the tummy tuck procedure, and stay in close contact as you heal to ensure you reduce the risks that can come with most plastic surgery procedures today. Close attention to the recommendations set forth by the plastic surgeon will significantly reduce your risk of problems afterward.